Newbe

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
stevenfr

Newbe

Post by stevenfr »

Finally able to get on Thanks!!
Very new to windmills bought a Dempster #8 from a sale come to find out missing lots of parts that's how new I am. Guess that's my first lesson learned!! That's alright.
JBarker

Re: Newbe

Post by JBarker »

stevenfr wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:51 am Finally able to get on Thanks!!
Very new to windmills bought a Dempster #8 from a sale come to find out missing lots of parts that's how new I am. Guess that's my first lesson learned!! That's alright.
Welcome Steve,

You have come to the right place to learn about Dempsters. There are some really good experts on this forum that will be willing to help you. They have been helping me with my Dempster #12. Take plenty of pics when you ask a question because everyone likes to see the before and after. Thanks.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
stevenfr

Post by stevenfr »

Thanks Jerry I have talked to windy bob on some parts for this mill haven't had a chance to go see him been out of town working for last six months hoping this summer I can get back to work on it Also so just noticed looks like we are neighbors go figure!!
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

stevenfr wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 pm Thanks Jerry I have talked to windy bob on some parts for this mill haven't had a chance to go see him been out of town working for last six months hoping this summer I can get back to work on it Also so just noticed looks like we are neighbors go figure!!
Steve, I just noticed the same thing. lol

Windy is great, I have been to his place in OK and he does great work and great source of info. Post some pics of your mill, I'm curious to what it looks like. Thanks
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
windybob

Post by windybob »

Omg do I remember? No, can't say I do. Let's see, a number 8. Need to look that up again. I might have one, but not or never have work on it. (yet.) If I even have all the parts, I don't have 2 of them, so extras are not available from me.

Yes, post pictures. And thanks!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

windy bob, to refresh your memory of a dempster 8 i posted a picture of one on this web site somewhere.

stepnenfr, welcome aboard.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
windybob

Post by windybob »

ok Paul.

Hey did you figure out where the 6 inch brass wire ring came from at your place? lol I'll send it back if you need it. haha
windybob

Post by windybob »

I found the lit on the #8 Paul. Cool mill! Thanks. I don't know if I have one of those or not, but thinking I do not. Don't remember having one with a crank throw.
stevenfr

Post by stevenfr »

I’ll post pictures when I get home this weekend the main problem I have is the front hub is welded to the shaft and the back hub needs to be replaced

Thanks in advance guys!
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Glad you're here stevenfr!
PaulV