1901 Fredericksburg, Texas Windmill Inventions

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
JBarker

1901 Fredericksburg, Texas Windmill Inventions

Post by JBarker »

See link for more information on the windmill inventions from Texas. I love Texas history. Thanks

https://windmillsoftexas.wordpress.com/technology/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Wayne

Re: 1901 Fredericksburg, Texas Windmill Inventions

Post by Wayne »

Tx WindmillSan Antinio 001 (2).jpg
Power Mill Gober Texas.jpg
Power Mill 2.jpg
Here are some unique Texas windmills. I have my doubts if the ten headed one was ever built. The mans name was J.M. Cochran from Gober Texas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am Tx WindmillSan Antinio 001 (2).jpgPower Mill Gober Texas.jpgPower Mill 2.jpg Here are some unique Texas windmills. I have my doubts if the ten headed one was ever built. The mans name was J.M. Cochran from Gober Texas
Wayne, those are awesome pics. I didn't know about him and his plans. Did people just file patents and not build or manufacture the mills? Thanks, love to hear about Texas history. By the way here are a few more pics from Cochran mill.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

Back when these mills we patented, the patent office required a scale model of the patent item. If someone didn't trash it it should be some where.The museum in Lubbock has about a dozen patent models and store displays.There is a difference between a patent model and a store display even though they are about the same size.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The U.S. Patent Office had a massive fire in 1877 which destroyed 80,000 patent models and 600,000 drawings (according to a google search.) I think I read somewhere that after the fire they backed off of the requirement to provide patent models. I have several copies of patents that say "No Model" right under or beside the title and number.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jerry your question about patents. You can patent anything you don't have to build it. It's amazing how small of a change you can make from the old patent to get a new patent. I collect Barb wire a guy got a new patent because he did a reverse twist on the barbs. Same wire just twist the barbs different. Does anyone remember that was at Poteet and went to the ranch and saw the 4 header was it built by J.M.Cochran?