Steven Field welcome

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
mtblah

Steven Field welcome

Post by mtblah »

welcome aboard Steven Field, lots of hill country windmill folks on this site .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
SageHill

Re: Steven Field welcome

Post by SageHill »

Thanks, Mike. I look forward to learning more from the folks on this forum. I have a 32 volt Wincharger my grandfather gave me some 40 years ago. It’s been waiting all these years for me to find the time and money to rebuild it. It needs a new 12-ft prop and a rebuilt generator, but I hope to get it up and running in the next year or so. I do have a quick question: what height tower should I mount it on? Thanks, everyone! ;)
B9BC6460-AF54-4754-926F-FBB48A5DBF34.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Steven the height would depend on surrounding terrain and obstacles it needs to be high enough to be clear of any that would disturb the air . I would think if there are no surrounding buildings or trees a thirty foot tower would work in the Texas hill country
SageHill

Post by SageHill »

Thanks for the advice. Your mention of terrain worries me since my ten acre spread is on the side of one of those Hill Country hills. Would the rule of thumb be to avoid the leeward side? Prevailing winds around here blow from the coast, which would be generally southeast. Strongest winds come from the north, of course.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Wincharger Mike would be able to help you with parts and knowledge he's on this forum and has a website
SageHill

Post by SageHill »

Thanks! Turns out he just lives up the road from me!