Just Joined the club,

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Bernie

Just Joined the club,

Post by Bernie »

Hello All,

My name is Bernie and I recently had an Aermotor A-702 and a Baker WB21 follow me home. I bought Linsey's book on the Aermotor and have been looking at information on the Baker. I also received a Butler Jack pump and the old tower for the Baker.
Both mills turn freely, I have started disassembling the Aermotor, but have not got the shaft and hub off as of yet. I power washed the inside to get rid of about a half inch of sludge. It seems all the Babbitt bearings need replacement That is as far as I have ventured. Anyway, Just wanted to introduce myself and ask if anyone is in the Metro Detroit area of Michigan?

Thanks,
Bernie
mtblah

Re: Just Joined the club,

Post by mtblah »

Thanks for joining Bernie C .
On line google Aermotor parts San Angelo TX, they reproduce all and any part for your A702, just hold your wallet open . :lol:
Several of us have poured our own babbit bearings with great success , reproduced missing parts , done complete rebuilds on towers, etc . Some of these guys are amazing what they can do .
Keep looking at the back pages of this blog and you see some amazing stuff created by some amazing people .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Glad you found us, Bernie. You have a couple of good mills. Aermotor is the most prolific manufacturer and is still producing mills. Parts are readily available... both new and used.

We're here to help you. Ask questions and make sure to share pictures of your project.
PaulV
Smax

Post by Smax »

Welcome to the group bernie
windybob

Post by windybob »

Bernie, I am late posting. If you srill have questions, holler back.

Oh the WB21 means this...The mill is a model WB. The number is the part number. 21 is the helmet, (cap, cover, lid) If you notice, all the cast parts have WB and different number, of the part they are on.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Welcome to the forum Bernie. you'll find lots of knowledge here
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Hi there, I am also from Michigan but the west side. I am not thinking of anyone on here from the SW corner. But there might be some closer in Ohio or Indiana.
Thanks,
Ed
Todd

Post by Todd »

Welcome to the forum Bernie. I'm down in the NE corner of Indiana, 25 mi. north of Fort Wayne.
I have parts on hand and can help with the babbit bearings.