12ft. Standard Open Gear Windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
JBarker

12ft. Standard Open Gear Windmill

Post by JBarker »

Anybody have any caps (or a picture of the caps) for the oil reservoirs for a 12ft diameter wheel on an open gear Standard windmill? The wooden pitman arm was broken also, any drawings/pics would help also. Who made the Standard windmill??? F.W. Axtell or was he just a dealer/distributor? Thanks

Jerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: 12ft. Standard Open Gear Windmill

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Axtel was the manufacturer of the standard windmill can't help you with the parts but I'm sure someone on the forum can. Nice mill
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Not open gear, direct stroke. No gears on a Standard. I have a 10 ft I could measure and send you a picture of the pitman arm if you want. Maybe someone out there is still making them. Paul Cowley used to.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

picture would be great Wayne, thanks.

Jerry
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ok. I had a brain fart and forgot I have a 12 ft Eclipse. Same mill as the Standard. I'll see if I can locate the pitman arm and send you a picture and measurements. . Why don't you send me an email to axtellstandard@gmail.com and I'll reply to it.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:02 am Ok. I had a brain fart and forgot I have a 12 ft Eclipse. Same mill as the Standard. I'll see if I can locate the pitman arm and send you a picture and measurements. . Why don't you send me an email to axtellstandard@gmail.com and I'll reply to it.
ok, just did. thanks
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864