Bags of concrete for holes

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
JBarker

Bags of concrete for holes

Post by JBarker »

How many 50 lbs of ready mix would you use for holes with this much rock as backfill? A702 with 33 ft Tower. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
CTXmiller

Re: Bags of concrete for holes

Post by CTXmiller »

As many as possible. I like to ball the bottom out of my footings to keep it from pulling out or sinking, but my soil isn’t rock like that one.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I try and figure cubic ft of hole and then go from there. Have a nifty calculater that helps me figure. Of course I file my holes to the top as no rock only black dirt. I always end up with extra bag or two as I had druther have too much than having to stop mixing and go get more!
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

If they are 4 feet deep and straight down, I use 6 bags of 80lb ready mix. Does not fill the hole to the top and you don't want to fill the hole to the top. After every bag throw in a few of the bigger rocks to mix in with the next bag. Fill the rest of the hole with the left over dirt/rock mixture. This will allow any rainwater to soak into the dirt and not want to run straight down the anchor between the anchor and the concrete. Keeps the concrete from cracking so much.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Thanks for the info guys
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com