Kevin Moore and California Wildfire Update

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
JBarker

Kevin Moore and California Wildfire Update

Post by JBarker »

I was able to trade some text messages tonight with Kevin Moore with Rock Ridge Windmills www.rockridgewindmills.com and he asked me to post that he and his family are safe and ok. The wildfire in Northern California has been close to his house and the high winds are still dangerous at this time. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers until the state of emergency has ended. 22,000 acres have been under fire so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Mister Ed

Re: Kevin Moore and California Wildfire Update

Post by Mister Ed »

Glad you heard from Kevin. I was wondering earlier this evening. From Kevin's earlier post the fire in the first photo was 10 miles away. The next day (or night I don't recall) it was 3 miles away. And I hadn't seen anything today.
Thanks,
Ed
windybob

Post by windybob »

I was unaware that they were in a danger zone. I am convinced that the fire season in California runs 365 days. Hope they stay safe.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

windybob wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:53 am I was unaware that they were in a danger zone. I am convinced that the fire season in California runs 365 days. Hope they stay safe.
Windy, I spent some time out there in July. I was in Monterey, but drove down from San Jose. All I can say is that place (non coastal areas) even looks like a tinderbox.
Thanks,
Ed
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Kevin asked me to post this update on situation in Northern California. The pic below is one of his house and windmill. Please remember to keep him and family in our prayers. Thanks.

"Up to 74,000 + acres but we are ok still. We r the heli stop for the fire so good eyes over head. See 2 Blackhawks in photo. Days w/out power. No natural gas in town. Hard on elderly. No stores no gas station. Service clubs feeding warm breakfast and kindness of strangers amazing." Kevin Moore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

On the news last night they told there were 10,000 homes in danger! Down around LA. I think1
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks for the updates!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

"1/2 Air attack reported fire burning 3 football fields a minute. Line held last night with 5K firefighter and black hawk helicopter over head. We are breathing again. Spot fires 1 mile ahead of main fire when the wind hit." Kevin Moore
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

I’d find a bigger rock to climb under
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

I’d find a bigger rock to climb under