Hail storm

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Hail storm

Post by Wayne »

My sister lives in Burkburnett Tx. They had storms with hail come through Thursday night. She picked tennis size hail up in a yard. It seem someone in the area said he picked one up off his floor. Seems the stone was big and heavy and came through his roof and ended up on his floor. Don't if it is real story or someone with a good imagination. :D
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Hail storm

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Wichita Falls area, same storm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

WOW! Do you have any windows left?
Gregg
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Not me....Pics are from the local news.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I read in Dallas paper yesterday they said football size hail stones. Thanks for the picture Mike. I didn't want everybody to think I was another Texan telling tall tails.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Wow that's some big hail stones. We had hail here the last day of may last year and we are still trying to get our roof replaced and some windows and siding replaced. Between the insurance and contractors its been a real pain. The roofing material is finally setting in my drive but its been raining on and off for the last five days. We should have a new roof by the end of next week.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Wow that's not hail that's Little Boy, or Fat Man.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In the Dallas paper it reported that wasn't the only 5 inch plus hail that fell around there. The rest was found in yards. The report also said the biggest ever found came from South Dakota. 8 plus inches.