Pump Jack that was under a 20' Open Gear Samson.

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Ron Stauffer

Re: Pump Jack that was under a 20' Open Gear Samson.

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Bill the Pump Man Jack must have worked long and hard as evidenced by the pinon gears. Bet he was replaced with two plastic Grundfos boxes.

From Jeff''s last posted pic either they kept the jack design the same over many years or it was a pic of an upgrade from an open gear to an oil bath mill. Circa 1950 based on the Ford powering the belt with a rear mount pulley on the PTO (guessing that is what it is doing)

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yep that's it. Thanks! Still haven't found my book the same guy that moves my tools must have it. If I can't find it I'm going to buy me another loved that book.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In the book they were putting a Challenge 27 up. Forgot the size.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Wayne wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:46 pm Still haven't found my book the same guy that moves my tools must have it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I know that guy too!
PaulV
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000000(2).jpg
Bought this picture yesterday while going to garage sales.
Found it interesting because of the Big Monitor Engine and the deep wheel pump jack. The windmill has it's issues. I'm thinking the engine could be a 5 or 6 HP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Wayne thanks for posting the picture. It brought back memory's of when I was a kid in the 60's and it seem like in the area I grew up in no body fixed windmills when a serious problem happen they installed a pump jack and either a gas or electric motor.