Standing up a windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Mike Hage

Re: Standing up a windmill

Post by Mike Hage »

20180512_100410.jpg
20180512_101528.jpg
this is what I used to take down my 45 foot butler tower. It worked awesome. Cost me $150 bucks to rent it for the morning, borrowed a neighbors tractor. It was on the trailer in 45 minutes. I dont see why it wouldn't work for putting it back up. I can just see too many things going horribly wrong tipping it up with a gin pole. I put up my 35 foot wincharger tower piece by piece setting boards on the cross braces as I went up. It wasn't cemented in yet because I wanted to make sure it was straight. I'm completely nuts by the way. I'm never doing it that way ever again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

No safety harness either! Nothing to tie off to when doing it like that.
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

Mike,
What kind of lift is that? It is not something I am familiar with.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

This is what here on the Canadian prairies we refer to as a bin crane. It is used with hydraulics
from a tractor to lift large curved sections of metal panels to build large round grain storage bins that can hold in excess of 2500 bushels of wheat, canola, etc.
I used this exact same unit to raise my Aermotor back in 2008. It worked very well. Cost was $150.00
rental for the day.