Hudson 168 well pump

Well and cistern setup, repair, components (pumps, etc.), etc.
Greif

Hudson 168 well pump

Post by Greif »

Hi
I bought a old disassembled aeromotor mill and it had s Hudson 168 pump with it. We're can I find info on the Hudson 168 as not sure if I have all the parts for it.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Hudson 168 well pump

Post by windybob »

I think all you're missing is the fulcrum that goes between the handle and the handle guide / rod guide.

Of all the pumps I have, I don't have one of those. I don't even think I've ran across that name of all the makers. Take a picture of the wording please. Would like to see it.

Where's the windmill?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Greif

Post by Greif »

What is on the inside of the pump that makes it work?
The windmill is disassembled and I bought it about 10 years years and never got around to putting it up so will be selling now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greif

Post by Greif »

Here's more pics. What would fulcrum look like?
windybob

Post by windybob »

I'll see if I have a picture of one. There are differences in them, but they do the same thing, they connect the handle with the pump top.

Looks like a 602 Aermotor. IF....If that's an Aermotor tower, it's an oldie. Those steps would be very early on, before 1900 I think. However, the head would not be matched to the tower. That's if it's an original. Might take a closeup of the tower steps.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Try this. Here's one circled. A lot of times, they are located on the other side.
pump ed.jpg
Greif

Post by Greif »

I was told it was from the 30's
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I wonder were it was that those blade sections layed around. I've never seen Aermotor sections so rusty. They usually stand the test of time. My 602 made supposedly in 1922 the blade sections are good. THe vane has a little rusty look to it but the sections don't. . Windy the old Aermotor tower I found has round peg steps. Those look kinda like Elgin steps I think.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Wayne, Aermotor is usually known for the good galvanizing they did. It is rare to see so much rust, you are correct. however, a plus is that they are nice and straight, no bullet holes.

I think Aermotor did have peg steps for a short time, then sheared angle for steps also for a short time. I don't know which is older, or for how long they were used.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

When we were discussing the tower I had found with the pegs he did say they went to loops in 1897. Maybe pegs were first then a new improved angle step and finally loops.