Windstorm

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Windstorm

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Has anyone heard how some of the windmill museums in Okla, and Tex survived the windstorm? I heard Shattuck's RR Eclipse's tower just about gave out but they got it secured? I am sure there is a lot of damage in my area but I have not been out and about much. Hope nobody lost anything on the board.
MAS

Re: Windstorm

Post by MAS »

Yes the RR Eclipse and the Dempster 11 took a hit. They are secured for now. Waiting for the wind to let up and arrange for a crane. There was no damage to the mills.
Mike
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

That is good, I sold a guy a windmill in the Flinthills of Kansas years ago, he had a 30ft tower anchored with concrete the size of 55 gal drums and a 100 mph straight wind pulled them right out of his sandy soil, I was amazed!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's scary. Stuff will pull out of sand at times. I tried to pull a 8ft ground rod out of my Black Gumbo and all that happened was my Super M Framall got red in the face. I wonder how Chuck over at Tolar made out. He hasn't posted anything for awhile.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Had winds to around maybe 70 tops here. No problems.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

The day before the bomb cyclone hit I was in the KS flint hills looking at a pump hoist. After leaving KS, I came to the Colorado Springs area to look at another pump hoist. I got to Colorado Springs just as it hit. It was worst storm I have ever been in. I was within 5 miles of the airport that had a record high wind gust of 96 and record low barometric pressure. I was stranded there for over a day.

I got a call after the storm from a potential windmill customer in NM. Mother nature attempted to grid tie his water pumping windmill to the electric lines. Power company doesnt even allow mother nature to tie in to the grid and came out to disentangle it

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

How about the floods in Iowa and Neb. along the Missouri River. Been reading about them in the Dallas paper. How is Nebraska City and that area making out?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I seen video of some flooding in Nebraska City. I believe it was along the river front near the grain terminal. Hope someone can give us an update on the area. Hamburg Iowa which is about 14 miles southeast of Nebraska City has massive flooding. Interstate 29 is closed there. The news reported that there is a 140 mile detour to Des Moines Iowa to Interstate 35 to get to Kansas City. Reports of major flooding in Fremont Nebraska which is getting up near Loren Lockman's area near Omaha.

Flooding here in central Iowa, but not as severe as Nebraska. Small town of Lehigh near us is reporting the worse flooding in 60 years.

Hope all are doing okay!

Gregg
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh my. Didn't know it was that bad.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Ruby and I were in Nebraska city over the weekend. The river hit a all time high flood crest on Saturday. The old crest was from 2011 on Saturday the river was 2 ft over the old crest. With more coming down the river and from the Platte river. The locals said they had a rain just after Thanksgiving and just after that it started snowing and snowed about every week since than with no melting. It just got above freezing last week. Then along came the warm rain and melted the snow. Snow was off of the level ground there were still piles where it was pushed up. They had 5 feet of snow over the winter. Someone said they pushed snow 14 times. Coming home yesterday we tried to go through Beatrice we could not get through town and had to backtrack we got through then.
IMG_20190316_172231737.jpg
IMG_20190316_172033896_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190316_172026055_HDR.jpg
There is a lot of experience equipment setting in the river water. The building are for dry fertilizer storage.
Not to dry now.
The Kregel museum is high and dry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.