3d model update

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
rockislandnut

3d model update

Post by rockislandnut »

Some updates on models that I am working on. Happy New Year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Re: 3d model update

Post by Wayne »

Will I didn't see a Challenge sectional style in the group, but looks like you are still doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I agree with Wayne, that Challenge Sectional, the early pattern especially, would be a great model for your collection. I have never found one but that just have a coolness factor. That Tucker is pretty neat though.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Darrin what kind of mill is that in the 8th and 9th frame?
rockislandnut

Post by rockislandnut »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:58 pm Darrin what kind of mill is that in the 8th and 9th frame?
It is a Hamilton made by Plymouth Iron.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Thanks Darrin I've never heard of that manufacturer so of course I had to research it and come to find out they also made Daisy air rifles which was more profitable so they stopped making windmills and just made the Daisy air rifles.Do you know if there's any in existence?
rockislandnut

Post by rockislandnut »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:06 pm Thanks Darrin I've never heard of that manufacturer so of course I had to research it and come to find out they also made Daisy air rifles which was more profitable so they stopped making windmills and just made the Daisy air rifles.Do you know if there's any in existence?
Not that I know of. This is a model I created from a picture of the mill in a trade catalog.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I've always thought the Haliday and Challenge sectional wheel looked cool in the collapsed position with that big vane sticking out the back.