Aermotor Chicago 8’? with 30? foot tower-near San Antonio

Sell your mills or parts. All ads require location and prices!
smittyfan

Aermotor Chicago 8’? with 30? foot tower-near San Antonio

Post by smittyfan »

Hi all,
I purchased property last year and this windmill is sitting here degrading. It seems pretty cool, I’d like it much better if someone would restore and make use of it. I’m not very knowledgeable, not even sure the model number. I don’t have it in me to climb up enough to put my feet on the platform, as you can see in photos the wood is suspect. I really think it would work with very little repair, there is a visibly rotted wood link where the rod from the pump connects to the rod up to the windmill gearbox. The latter rod moves in an up and down motion as the wheel spins, but is just hanging free so it doesn’t pump water. I’m not sure the age but it does say Chicago in faded lettering on the tail so I know that puts it awhile ago. I am not certain the value, would $1500 be a reasonable starting point for negotiation? If you are interested please peruse the photos and pm me if you’d like to come take a look in person.
Last edited by smittyfan on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
smittyfan

Re: Aermotor Chicago 8’? with 30? foot tower-near San Antonio

Post by smittyfan »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smittyfan

Post by smittyfan »

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Ethan , i live in New Braunfels so we are close , Text me your contact info , 254-718-5588 Mike Blahnik
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That 602 is in pretty good condition on what looks like a challenge tower.