Axtell Windmill Co. History

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
mtblah

Re: Axtell Windmill Co. History

Post by mtblah »

Kim , thank you ! I am sure your & your family are very proud of your family heritage & specifically your father . Thank you for sharing .
we have several folks on our web site who own Axtell windmills and are proud of them ! again , thank you
Mike Blahnik
New Braunfels TX
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have one I bought from Paul Cowley all in a basket. He had tossed in new parts he had, but it rained in the bucket. They we not too far gone, for a clean up, and a floor model Axtel model A. Thanks for your history, and the info.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Kim,

Thank you for sharing your Axtell family's history on this forum.

On Friday, April 19, 2024, we (FHW) helped Steve Adams (forum member) and tower builder, Jess Nelson of Big Sky Windmills LLC, install a new wooden tower at the Leonard Golf Links in Ft. Worth, TX. It will have a restored Axtell Standard wooden wheel windmill (12" diameter wheel) placed on top in the coming months. The old wooden tower and Axtell Standard mill was removed last year for restoration by Steve Adams. Big Sky Windmills LLC in Victor, Montana (www.bigskywindmills.com) created a special wooden tower for Steve's client. Jess Nelson built the wooden tower with arch legs.

Please see the link below showing the Axtell Standard windmill before restoration. Kim, do you have any family photos of the Axtell factory or windmills you would be willing to share with us? Thanks again. Jerry & Mary Barker

Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Last edited by JBarker on Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Axtell pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Kim,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for the history.

Axtell Ever-Oiled windmills are fairly uncommon nowadays to see in my experience. As best I can determine based upon the serial #s and year of manufacturer stamps on the gearboxes, there were around 3,000 Ever-Oiled models produced during the 1930s. The last Ever-Oiled models (that I’ve ever seen) possess 1939 date stamps.