How's the Virus affecting folks?

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Smax

Re: How's the Virus affecting folks?

Post by Smax »

Wayne i hear canton is reopening
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I agree about the internet. I thought my computer was broke. Yeah Steve i saw that Canton was going to be open. The biggest thing for me is do I want go and not wear a mask. Can't imagine walking around for hours with a mask on. Will be going to Tyler again the 28th to take Stan to have his second eye surgery. May have to wait until July so it can get really hot.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Wayne, do you think the mask is a tight enough weave to keep a virus out?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

There in lies th issue with any mask, other than an M95 mask ... they are not that effective at keeping the virus out. However, the point of wearing a mask is to help stop (or t least slow) the spread from you to others, as you exhale. Problem is, this only works if everyone wears one.
Thanks,
Ed
windybob

Post by windybob »

Bingo! That's what I was getting at. Even an M95 mask is not totally virus restrictive. Compared to bacteria, A virus is like a grape to a melon. However, like you said, if all are wearing one, it should curtail the exhale droplets that may carry the virus.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We will soon be Ok. Our President said it will be gone in 2 months and won't ever come back. Man I feel safer already.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

One of the wholesale places I use for HVAC parts in the city opened there show room up a week ago and when I called Sat to make sure they were open as I needed some parts for a call that morning the guy asked if I knew the part numbers of what I needed and I said I could get them and he said if you would call back and we will pull them and leave them out front like we were doing before we reopened. He said I just as soon you didn't come inside unless you need to I said no problem I will get the numbers and call back. I do wear a mask when I go into places that are open. I hope its helping as I do have some under laying health issues.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Wondering how things are in the world. Things aren't good here in Texas. My Church had to close it's doors for two weeks as all the staff was exposed to covid. For some reason they decided it would be a good idea for our Spanish Pastor to go to Mexico on a mission trip. Them he came to a staff meeting even though he was having some symptoms. All the big cities are over run with new cases. I go to town buy what I need wearing my mask come home and hibernate. Hope to go to Ohio and Indiana the end of August we will see how that goes.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Up here in Mich I guess we are better off than many places. We would be a heck of a lot better off if people up here weren't so freaking hard headed (and inconsiderate of others) about wearing a mask. How much do they help? It doesn't really matter, we need all the help we can get.
Thanks,
Ed
windybob

Post by windybob »

I agree. Still going to be a while before things are somewhat normal, (whatever that means). We are mostly good in this area. With a lot of rain lately, (every stinking day for a week.) and high wind taking some shop roof off, been busy trying to deal with the heat, humidity, grass need mowed again an hour after cutting it, and trying to make the shop somewhat water resistant again, I am not going many places.

Wish it was 2021 this time next year. A whole lot of stuff will be different, hopefully WITHOUT a virus.