juds jig

......when you need to get in the weeds.
Gregg

Re: juds jig

Post by Gregg »

Rod,
Thanks for posting the pictures, and glad the right person got credit for them. It looks like the "key" to both jigs is the saw.

Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I have a question about the saw and blade. What kind of dado blade is on it to cut the slot in one pass? Is the saw a regular 7 1/4 inch skill saw? I'm wondering about the depth of cut since you have to have the blade at such an angle.
WILLC

Post by WILLC »

I’ve seen a set up where the guy bent every other tooth slightly in opposite directions on a carbide blade till he got the desired cut. It worked for him. Didn’t pay attention to what kind of saw he used.
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

I used a matched inexpensive Dewalt 7.25" three blade pack from like Lowes along with paper shims it worked great. It is just deep enough. The bottom of my sled is 1/8" Baltic ply and rests on pieces to cut. So....only way to get deeper cut is larger blade. Did a quick search and larger than 7.25" and under 8" are available but very expensive. And as it works.... as is...drive on.
0204191406a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the info. Haven't tried to make jig as of yet but who knows what the future holds.
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

More than welcome and thanks to all for compliments. I have learned so much from the combined "brain trust" of those on the old site and now the new. Wouldn't say it would be impossible but much more difficult without these resources (people) and a site to share it on.
Thanks again all
Rod