Black and White windmill shots

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Re: Black and White windmill shots

Post by Wayne »

No irrigator's I've found just regulars.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

This is an interesting windmill and gas station outside of Sublette Kansas. Old Santa Fe waycar is pretty cool also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I am not 100% sure it was really a station, that is what the pic was labeled as but it may just be a farm or shop of some sort. Note the barrel on top of the building for the shower.
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

The building on the left looks to be an old caboose. It appears that they used to windmill tower to string wires around from the wind generator. Nice picture. Thanks for posting.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I figured that tower you are talking about is a Wincharger tower but maybe not? That old Waycar is one built in Santa Fe's Topeka shops, I think the first year for those was 1922, I got a 1923 model and a 1916 but it was built by Pulmann, Santa Fe always called a Caboose a Way Car, the crews usually called them Crummies.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I figured that tower you are talking about is a Wincharger tower but maybe not? That old Waycar is one built in Santa Fe's Topeka shops, I think the first year for those was 1922, I got a 1923 model and a 1916 but it was built by Pulmann, Santa Fe always called a Caboose a Way Car, the crews usually called them Crummies.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That picture has it all! Wind Charger, Wind Mill, Caboose, and a Gas Pump. I agree don't think it is a Gas Station except for what's on the farm.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

My great Grandfather's farm has an old Red Crown Wayne visible pump, I got it now, I suspect just about all of them went to a farm eventually?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Have a Friend in Tyler whose's Daddy-in -Law had an old visible pump on his farm. The fuel people gave it to him to buy there fuel.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Wayne wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am Have a Friend in Tyler whose's Daddy-in -Law had an old visible pump on his farm. The fuel people gave it to him to buy there fuel.
Here is gas pump I restored few years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com