Black and White windmill shots

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Re: Black and White windmill shots

Post by Wayne »

I like It! I found Hondo and Yancey. I noticed a Tehuacana Crk. there is a Tehuacana Tx south of me in Limestone Co.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reinsch Windmotore 1903.jpg
Picture of a Reinsch Windmotor produced by Carl Reinsch in Dresden Germany, early 1900's. This is setup at a exhibition in 1903. My mother in-law's maiden name is Reinsch and her family came from eastern Germany. I have tried to make a family connection but haven't found the right link yet. Surprisingly some of the original factory buildings still exist, even after the heavy bombings of Dresden in WWII.

Gregg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

1903 was in St. Louis?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I don't know exactly where it was. Wasn't St Louis 1904?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Are those blades where the vane would be? Going back to the windmill raising picture on page one I finally figured out what the ladies were standing in front of. The water tank!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I have a book "Windmills of the World" by William McCook (Australia) reprinted by Clyde Eide that has a page devoted to the Reinsch Windmills. Some of the sketches show what looks like a smaller fan/wheel where the tail would be on other mills. I have also seen Dutch style mills with the same type of wheel. The Danish Windmill Museum at Elkhorn Iowa has a similar wheel to track it into the wind.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I guess it works like the tail rotor on a helicopter.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Axtell Windmill Plant in Ft. Worth, Texas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the shots. I grew up in FT Worth. When I found out there was a Ft Worth windmill I had to have one. On the corner of Montgomery St and I 30 there is a big Antique Mall today.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Donald Roberta at Farm Ok.jpg
Mama pumping water Oklahoma Fram.jpg
I posted these photos on the old site. One of my oldest sister and her husband on our farm in OK about 1950. The other one is of my Mama pumping water under the windmill maybe late 40's. From the way she is dressed it might be Sunday and after Church she is getting water to boil potatoes for dinner.