Bent blades

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
arizonian

Bent blades

Post by arizonian »

I have been reading a lot of old posts where the OP is trying to figure out a way to straighten a bent blade or two. A few suggestions have been to hammer against a wooden block. On my 1/2 scale project windmill, this is what I have come up with.

A router base that slides along a couple of rails that in turn are attached to a pivot. I first drew out the wooden buck I wanted full size, then constructed the router guide. There must be some means of adjustment so multiple pivot holes were drilled in the router guide. The router itself has a height adjustment, so pivot holes were drilled 1/2" apart. Once the buck was constructed and cut to shape, a fatal flaw was found that was easily fixed. I also reinforced the bottom edges so they could take a beating.

I am new to windmills but I have straightened many body panels, doors, bumpers, frames, etc. Always straighten cold, never use heat unless there is absolutely no other way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weldor by choice, engineer by necessity.

I believe in Gun Control.

Gun Control: The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
rockingjl

Re: Bent blades

Post by rockingjl »

Sent you a PM
Wayne

Re: Bent blades

Post by Wayne »

Great job. I love home made jigs. A lots of thought and great skill and knowledge is all it takes!