Aermotor A702 Tail Stencil

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
JBarker

Aermotor A702 Tail Stencil

Post by JBarker »

Working on repainting the tail of 8ft Aermotor and the letters on the side with the wishbone are missing. Any ideas on how to get stencils of this side? Thank you so much

Jerry
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
windybob

Re: Aermotor A702 Tail Stencil

Post by windybob »

Yeah, I have an idea. There's a guy on here that sells them. He has many stencils. They are the most wonderful stencils you've ever seen. They are perfect. Really good price too.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Any chance he has one for a Flint & Walling Star 37?
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
windybob

Post by windybob »

What size?
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Windybob,
Sorry, I should've said. It's an 8 foot.
Thanks,
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
billcobb

Post by billcobb »

I find an image of a tail stencil on Google Images and project it onto the metal using a cheap presentation video projector I bought on Craigslist. I can do both sides by tracing the letter points and curves, then true it up with a ruler and compass and a Sharpie. Last one was an Aermotor A602. The F & W 37 S U P E R is easy to do this way, too, because a cut-out stencil just doesn't "cut it". You don't need a very high resolution deal to get it done, either. Projection distance is about 8 feet, best done in a dark room. I can do other images on a non-stencil side, too.
SAM_0084.JPG
In the past, I took the photo to Staples which has an enlarging printer. You tell them what size image you need and they blast it out for a few bucks.
Windmill Bill.JPG
A fiend of mine in Metamora, Mi. prints stencils on clear plastic film having an elastic backing. After application, he sprays the tail with a weather resistant clear coat. Works well with a new tail. My collection always seems to have imperfections resembling targets with holes oddly sized similar to small arms fire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billcobb

Post by billcobb »

gf0813-163591_2@2x.jpg
gf0813-163591_1@2x.jpg
Here's all you need ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Jim, I would have to make up one, don't have one in stock. I you have a lot of time to wait, I can go pull the tail off it and start on one.

Jerry, let me know if you want the wishbone side.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

There’s no urgency. If it’s convenient for you I can wait. But only if it’s convenient. I hate to ask you to go to the extra effort to remove a tail vane to make the stencil, but I really appreciate your effort on my behalf. Let me know what I owe you and I'll be happy to pay in advance.
Regards,
Jim
windybob

Post by windybob »

Okay, it's on the list.