aerator 8' 702 parts check

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Pb57

aerator 8' 702 parts check

Post by Pb57 »

9EAB2A2D-6035-4FFD-B761-EAC7A484E39E.jpeg
7A3F7B72-6FAA-4114-B0D1-10A89ADC0165.jpeg
Hi folks, Im new to the forum but not windmills. This is the first windmill I am restoring but have done numerous other restorations including Wincharger wind generators. My question to you fine people is after looking at the 2 pictures does it appear that I have all the parts required for the furl operation on the mast pipe? Also where the mast pipe meets the bottom of the windmill box I have heard mention of a thrust washer. Mine doesn't have one, it does have that cup that I assume one or more would go into. I found on eBay a thrust washer that the seller says I just need one since they are thicker than the original ones from the factory. Is this correct and does mine require a thrust washer and only one? Thanks in advance for any help. Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: aerator 8' 702 parts check

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Paul from what I can tell from your pics the lower furl system is all there.Do you have all the upper also? When you set the gear box on the mast pipe you want about 1/8 of an inch from the top of the gear box to the bottom of the mast pipe nut when tight.So how ever many washers it takes to get that clearance that is what I've been told and it's worked for me.
Pb57

Post by Pb57 »

ok thanks for the quick reply Windcatcher
Pb57

Post by Pb57 »

I forgot, I do have all the upper parts
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Paul ,, NICE machine shop you have to work with ! You know how to push all the right buttons ? :geek:
Pb57

Post by Pb57 »

Thanks Mike, I used to have a machine/welding shop in the 80s.. that farm economy got real bad and I got into law enforcement and mad a career out of that for 30 years. 5 years before I retired I built a new shop and started buying machines. lathe, mill, plasma table etc until I had a fully functional shop. I do restorations on anything old and mechanical and do a lot of work for farmers in my area as well. I still collect a few old 2 cylinder John Deeres as well. retirement is good. God blessed me with a good career and a wonderful wife and family.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's all you need! Retirement is good when you have all the pieces.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Sorry to hear about collecting J D E motors . Wayne told me NOT to buy a 1 . 5 hp to go with my JD pump jack , I didnt listen .. It looks great but the restoration cost was HIGH !!!
You will find the Aermotor windmill is a piece of cake , factory in San Angelo TX still makes every part for them .
1st time it is up catching air , that is thrilling ..