Monitor L

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
joe herman

Re: Monitor L

Post by joe herman »

Have not been hiking in the last several years. Used to go when I first moved here 20 years ago.
Never ran across any Dinosaur bones but did find a very large front tooth that looked too big
for a modern carnivore. I think these formations are far too old for Mammoths. Only Dinosaurs
of various sizes. We have a very nice big museum here that takes hours to cover. They keep
adding space and fossils. Well worth a visit.
PS Many Mammoths are found up in the Yukon Territories where the y are still gold mining
on a large scale.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

When I was coming across Wyoming in 2021. I came through a town named Thermopolis. Found out while in my motel room in Casper that is the center for Dinosaur bones in Wyoming. I would sure have stopped if I had known that. If I had a traveling buddy I'd like to come that way to see that museum and the Reynolds-Alberta Museum. I just read a story last night about a Maple Leaf Truck the museum restored.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

If you were to make the trip don't think you would be disappointed. Be sure to come through the Canadian Rockies.
There are so many places I would love to see but time is catching up.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wayne, if you make the trip up north to Joe's be sure to take time to stop at the Remington Carriage Museum in Cardston Alberta and then the Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump at Fort MacLeod Alberta. They are south of Calgary.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

So much to see and so little time. I'm trying to plan a trip to Australia for next September or October. It's kinda overwhelming to put a trip like that together. Me and my two daughters and a son-in-law. Maybe the next year if all's well I'll need to go North.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , does that mean your not coming down to Poteet in September ?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

No we will make Poteet. I'll make sure we leave after the second weekend of Sept.
IFLY67

Post by IFLY67 »

Nice monitor !! Im rebuilding one my self having trouble with getting angles for blade would you have any advice?
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Beautamass