Vane

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
CTXmiller

Re: Vane

Post by CTXmiller »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:10 pm Nice wall hanger Michael !!
That is the plan. Thanks
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Kruger also built the Kruger-Atlas gas engines in San Antonio. If you are a Texas gas engine collector you long for a Kruger Atlas engine, but you need really deep pockets. He bought the rights to the Atlas gas engine that was manufactured in Indy, then started manufacturing the Kruger-Atlas in San Antonio.
JLM

Post by JLM »

I was visiting with Jim Collums earlier this year. And we spoke breifly about that old book that was published by F.F. Collins Company in San Antonio.
The F.F Collins Company was a dealer for both Eclipse and Star windmills. Apparently Krueger Machinery later on Samsco bought out F.F. Collins Company. A good friend and collector of Krueger Atlas Engines confirmed this. I've seen Krueger Machinery on the vane sheets of Steel Eclipse vane sheets and 602 Aermotor vane sheets also.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I had a vane sheet for the Elgin Wonder B with the Kruger name on it
JLM

Post by JLM »

They must have sold every brand at one time or the other elgin is not very common around here at all. I do know that later on Samsco sold many of the model 24 star mills in the area as well as Fairbury. The 14' 7AA my grandfather installed in the 50's here at my house was sold through them.