Eclipse 10ft Standard Mill

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
wetsand

Eclipse 10ft Standard Mill

Post by wetsand »

I thought I would start a new thread with a proper title. I am starting to just inventory and put together the Mill to understand that I have all the pieces. It appears I do except for the one set of spoke brackets and one metal spoke support. Dan is looking for pieces for me. I am posting latest pictures with some closer in shots of Back tail and the tail bar in place as well as the blades. I do have ever single original bolts and all nuts seem to come loose. The next steps to put it all together. At this point, I am not going to clean or touch anything...just get it together with intent of keeping it totally original. I do not have anywhere to store inside, so intend to put on wood stand under the shade for now.
EclipseStatus0415a.jpg
MainFin.jpg
BladeDetail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wetsand

Re: Eclipse 10ft Standard Mill

Post by wetsand »

Here is side tail shot
IMG_1637.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Chuck thanks for pics and keeping the wood parts all original in the end it's WORTH it.!!!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Chuck , thanks for posting !
windybob

Post by windybob »

Great thoughts. Thanks for the update.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Do you know any more of the history of the mill?
wetsand

Post by wetsand »

Nothing more short of Dan saying he may know the guy that used to haul windmills to the west coast twenty years ago. I think he said his name was Randy.
Rustyironbob

Post by Rustyironbob »

That would be randy stubbs who had a windmill business and shop in maxwell nebraska but randy had an auction a few years ago and moved on to other endeavers but yes he did put down thousands of miles back and forth from nebraska to california over the years and plus his mom was a wonderful lady that had an antique shop in california that i used to stop at every chance i could because it was a route i traveled as an otr truckdriver there antique shop was great for me because of the antique iron and windmills they always had for sale . Sadley randys mother and sister closed the shop and moved back to nebraski and one of my favorite stopping places was gone so the so called progress with there mega car dealerships and restaurants moved in but if anyone knows the area it was only an exit or two down from the road route 15 from roy rogers and dale evans ranch and museum which also is also gone now . Sorry to be long winded but yes the randy you spoke of would have been randy stubbs
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the info. I've been to Randy's place in Maxwell and bought some stuff. Progress is when they can tear the old stuff down and build something new and make a buck. We have a wonderful old downtown only because no one can tear it down and build a box for more China made crap to make a buck.
Rustyironbob

Post by Rustyironbob »

Wayne that is true and it was always a pleasure to stop at randys shop in maxwell .he was always friendly and take the time and talk with about any info i needed on windmill projects but all the windmill shops that ive been to over the years these guys and gals are that way .also it just fun to go to these shop because when i walk through most of there places its like walking into a museum. It shows that mankind still has a chance as long we can cherish these kind of people.