To Many Storms

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

To Many Storms

Post by Wayne »

Darn as if I didn't have enough to do around here. Last night we had a storm come through. I face to the Northwest and thought at times it was going to blow my front window into my living room. It did b;ow rain through the bottom. They said gust 60-70 mph. Looked out this morning and it had taken my Samson off the tower. Haven't been out to look up close and personal, but can tell from afar it isn't pretty. :(
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: To Many Storms

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

WOW !!! Sorry to hear that Wayne, hopefully there's minimal damage.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Sorry about that stuff !!!
I think someone earlier posted "we make our own job security "
But mother nature just helped , as Dan says , not a pretty sight , and , now extra work .
Maybe you can bring down the pieces to Poteet ? I'll have my trailer with me to load stuff onto .
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Sorry to hear this Wayne. Hope it's not too bad.
PaulV
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Sorry it happened. Mother Nature can be rough on them. Hopefully it is an easy repair.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It's pretty bad. Really bent up the wheel and arms. One positive out of it, I don't see any broke cast iron. Came down head first the wheel took the hit. For me the hardest things to get straight are rims and arms. To get the rims straight I'm sure I'll have to remove the blades. I have a Duplex with two sections out I'm working on. The other day the wind was blowing so hard it was spinning the wheel. I also have it in the closed position. I'm sure it was really humming Sunday night.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Hope it didn't bend the mainshaft. Dang! Better that than the front window or any house damage.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Kingo

Post by Kingo »

Oh no! Hate to hear that. I mirror WindyBobs’s sentiments.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Will here is where she fell. 3 out of 5 sections bent. I was talking to a lady yesterday that lives about 8 miles West of me. It seems Saturday was their worse day. They think there might have been a tornado that past over their place but didn't touch down. Chicken coups and grills picked up and thrown into the pasture, wooden fences knocked down. I'll need to get me a palet to lay it on as I take it apart. The head looks fine. The wheel took all the force of the fall.
image000000(221).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I guess it could have been worse. Still a shame!!!