Mast Foos Co. Imperial

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
PaulV
Site Admin

Mast Foos Co. Imperial

Post by PaulV »

Friday, Feb. 9, turned out to be a great day to retrieve a windmill; mild temps, partly sunny skies, and light winds. This is the Imperial that was listed on eBay, located in Alva, OK.

We had good access to the site, but only a few options for truck positioning due to trees. The wood in the tower was in good enough shape that we could lower the windmill/tower as an assembly. We didn't have enough room to get the trailer behind the tower opposite or even near the truck, so could not set the whole assy on the trailer. We separated the head and stub from the tower, and manually loaded onto the trailer.

I had intentions of taking more pics of the retrieval, but one overlooks these things with focused on a task.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
CTXmiller

Re: Mast Foos Co. Imperial

Post by CTXmiller »

Very nice
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

I unloaded everything yesterday (Saturday). Was finally able to get a really good look at the mill. I am unfamiliar with the Imperial, so unsure of what I'm missing...but it doesn't appear to be much. Pump rod and maybe pullout components? I have no documentation or detailed pics of a known good example for comparison. I have some research to do for sure.

It all appears to be pretty tight and functional, so I'm real happy about that. The sheet metal is awesome. All of the wheel components are in super shape. The spokes thread into the hub similar to Aermotor. The furl coil spring seems to work correctly. Gears are in good shape.

I'll start another thread in the Projects section when I eventually get around to going thru this mill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

More pics... in no particular order.
PaulV
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Good looking machine, some parts look NOS or a really nice older restoration
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

WOW !! She looks in good condition. You are one lucky man, congrats.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

IMPRESSIVE , very good find ! sheet metal appears perfect , very little rust or corrosion .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

WOW! Great purchase.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I think I have a tower-top like that. Don't remember where I got it. Not sure if that's original to the mill, but that's ok.

I also believe i know who's going to be in next years calendar. LOL

Hey Paul, if you want to replace zerks with grease cups, holler at me. I have a box of mixed sizes.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

All those grease zerks was that factory or someone's up grade.