Monitor WB rod take off

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Normand

Monitor WB rod take off

Post by Normand »

Hi!
Do you know how that rod can be taking off from the motor nso I can take the motor out easier by lifting less high on top of the tower
Thank you!
Normand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Monitor WB rod take off

Post by windybob »

UNscrew that bracket that you show, off the pump rod. The pumprod comes out the top of the head. Take off the top cover of the mill. You can see where the pumprod comes up. Take out the 2 bolts of the rocker arm and put you fingers under the rocker arm where you took the 2 bolts out of. It helps to have the mill on the upstroke. WHen the second bolt comes out, a small plate will drop down with the pumprod head in it. Pull the small plate and the rod head to one side, and pull up. If you drop the small plate it won't go anywhere if the rod is still in the head. Once you pull the rod out, the little plate can fall to the bottom of the head. Magnet time.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Normand

Post by Normand »

Thank you Precious Bob!
I have everything to learn about these relics of the past.
Normand
Baker WB
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Mr Scott , thanks for making me smile this morning , ( reliving the past ) do something , now take out the magnet to retrieve the dropped nuts & bolts , we have all done that at least once . :o
windybob

Post by windybob »

ok, you guys are just too much. lol I am not precious, just a learn-the-hard-way, educated dunce. I just like to help on occasion. We have worked on more Monitors than I can count on 2 hands. I have never been innoculated against them, but have been exposed to them for many years. So, I have built up a tolerance against them. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.