Black and White windmill shots

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
billcobb

Re: Black and White windmill shots

Post by billcobb »

FLW Windmill7.jpg
Romeo & Juliet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

Wayne wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am Duplex 1 002.jpgDuplex 2 001.jpgFound these pictures of a Duplex on a neat tower thought they deserved a look see. The windmill was in Denton County Texas.
Wayne that is an awesome setup but its not a Duplex. Its an Original Monitor. I'm not sure if its a 12 or 14 foot.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the new info. I think I've seen one Original Monitor at Calhan. Don't know them well!
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

Wayne, its really neat thay you had two pics from different angles of the same mill. That doesn't happen often! Speaking of that, here is a couple of a neat mill that was in Bruning, NE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Minnemiller on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

Here is the same spot 100 years later. Not surprisingly the mill is long gone but the buildings are still there.
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

Looks like that mill was on a pretty tall tower.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

You never know where you will find windmill shots. Those two pictures came from a book telling about farms and ranches the same families had owned over 100 years. Working in the Genealogy Center at our Library I'm always finding unique books people have gave us.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ok Windmill 001.jpg
This shot is for Windy! On the back it has
Resident of P. P. Regier
Pleasant View Farm
Enid Oklahoma
8 miles north east of Enid
3 miles west of pavement
Property of Nena Regier
Bought this shot at an antique store in Bakersfield Ca. The family maybe was part of the Grapes of Wrath bunch and there stuff ended up being sold.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That town must be like Corsicana Texas. We have lots of buildings dating to back in the 1880's and 1890's. No one has figured out how to make a buck by tearing down the old and building an ugly something new!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Just noticed is that a Metal bladed Hummer with the early chicken. My question is did they get two pictures at different times with no creatures on the street.