Fairbanks Morse Model 45- rebuild

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
FlJet

Re: Fairbanks Morse Model 45- rebuild

Post by FlJet »

And then there’s this. It doesn’t look like wear. But the tab on the case has a flat bottom and a tapered top. And the flat steel from the tail is riding on this but there’s no wear on it either. Is there a tapered spacer here? Do I even have this assembled correctly?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Will need to check mine tomorrow. A lot of things get worn on angles like that though.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
FlJet

Post by FlJet »

Goodies have been showing up in the mail. Still waiting on my shaft to arrive but the Ni99 rods showed up late yesterday. Hoping to get to build up that nose casting this week and then see how many rods I have left over. (I only ordered 5).

Still curious about that bottom tab on my case. I feel like the wear should be different here. But I can't seem to find another way this all stacks up. Surely there was a washer or two between these. I'll be going back with one for sure. Just trying to decide if I should try and build this up with Ni99 rods as well and make it square and flat.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have not been back down to the shop to look at mine, with the ice and all. We are getting a historic ice and winter storm.
FlJet

Post by FlJet »

For fear that the wonderful help I've been receiving on this site will suddenly run out, I'll not mention the temperature outside today.

Bundle up and stay warm. Better yet- cup of coffee in front of a fire. Maybe a good book.
windybob

Post by windybob »

My daughter lives in Jacksonville. She told me she would fly me down for as long as I want.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

take windybob up on that offer !!!
he leads the short list of the really, really experienced windmill guys.
room & board would be a bargin for that knowledge !
windybob would like to get out of the ice & snow for a few days i am sure.
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

Ice and snow in Lubbock with more at my house (Ropesville) last night and tonight with THUNDER. High temps has been in the 20's. There is more forecast.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418
windybob

Post by windybob »

Too funny Mike! haha. I could be swayed though. The humidity down there in the summer is a deal breaker for me. Of course, this ice storm we are in makes it look much better.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy if you are like me anytime you can get someone else to cook for you is a real deal. I hope all you fellas out there if you have a sweet wife cooking for you better give her a big old hug. Deciding what your going to have for supper, then going to the store, buying the supplies coming home and cooking it. I'm tired just writing about the job.